July - September 2020 Update
FLW Pro Circuit
The 2020 FLW Pro Circuit tournament season culminated in a rewarding 3rd place finish in the Angler of the Year Point Standing. I am thrilled to share that this was my best season to date!
Since the last update and following a mid-season break due to COVID, I competed in two regular-season tournaments and was thrilled to qualify for the FLW Title Championship on Sturgeon Bay!
In July, I placed 73rd on the Mississippi River in Wisconsin. An FLW writer covered my practice day. My season ended strong with a 12th place finish on Lake Erie and had the opportunity to shoot a pre-tournament video with FLW, Getting Started on Erie.
The FLW Title Championship took place on Sturgeon Bay in Wisconsin. It was a great event, I was on the live coverage every day of the event and many fish were caught! I placed 7th out of the top 50 anglers who qualified for this event. A MLF videographer created an awesome pre-tournament video I highly recommend checking out, Buck Previews FLW Title Championship.
FLW Media Coverage
- Top 10 Baits at Sturgeon Bay (Includes full rod, reel, line, hook, weight setup)
- Top 10 Set for Championship Round
- Top 20 Set for Knockout Round
- Knockout Round Coverage (Highlights starting the day catching five on five casts!)
- Championship Round Coverage
- Day 1 of Qualifying Round 2nd Place
- End of Group A Qualifying Round in 4th Place
Additional social media publications and articles:
- I was featured on the podcast Bass Talk Live on September 3rd, discussing my 2020 season and recapping the FLW Title Championship.
- Town and Country newspaper article about the first annual youth fishing derby I held in July: ‘Youth Compete in Fishing Tournament’.
- BassFan.com article in July: Solving Southern Reservoirs Has Been Key for Buck.
- This year I have been working with ‘Bass Cast Radio Podcast,’ producing FLW Pro Circuit tournament recaps that highlight baits, gear, techniques etc. To-date I’ve been featured on seven episodes.
- I am a regular guest on the radio show ‘A Great Day Outdoors Radio Show’.
FLW Angler Blog
To further promote my sponsors and highlight my tournament season, I have been writing a monthly FLW angler blog for the FLW website. I’ve written the following blogs: PREPPING FOR THE 2020 FISHING SEASON, HOW TO CATCH YOUR NEW PB (Chatterbait), PICKING OUT A NEW FAVORITE ROD, FISHING WITH CONFIDENCE. And most recently Encouraging Youth Fishing.
I continue to build my social media platforms to further promote my dedicated sponsors. This season I have been developing and advertising YouTube videos recapping each event and my sponsors’ products that I use in the tournaments. My YouTube channel has expanded its reach greatly in the past year, with 1,320 subscribers and 430,000+ impressions. Here are links to the most recent events’ videos: ‘Favorite Rod For the Job’-Jackhammer 721MH, 4 on 4 Drops!! FLW Title Championship-Qualifying Round, Mega Bag of Smallies to Jump up 20th Place at the FLW Super Tournament Lake Erie-Day 2, Mississippi River Day 2: FLW Pro Circuit Super Tournament: Recap and Highlights and many more on my YouTube Channel.
Thank you for your continued support – what a great tournament season it has been! I couldn’t do it without our partnerships. I look forward to reaching out and speaking with each of you about our continued relationships for the 2021 season.